'No second Chance' 5G Mobile Now! The FCC NPRM follow up SouthEast Chapter Meeting
FCC 5G Mobile Now! & Threat to Satellite C-Band
– Monday 24th Sept SSPI-SE Chapter Meeting
SSPI South East Chapter is pleased to be able to present a second meeting on the vitally important topic of the ‘5G Mobile Now!’ threat to the satellite industry’s use of the 3700-4200 MHz C-Band Downlink Band. The FCC has proposed a number of methods to re-assign some or all 500 MHz to 5G usage, potentially restricting FSS Satellite usage that stretches back almost 50 years.
- As a follow up to our June meeting, there are important developments and updates to share, recap and emphasize to all stakeholders using C-Band downlink frequencies.
- Once again we have a top tier panel of presenters from the SES, Intelsat Regulatory & RF Engineering teams, plus real world RF Operations & Engineering perspectives from Mark Johnson of LinkUp Communications.
- Of note, is that earlier in the day on Monday 24th the Intelsat/SES consortium leading the defense of the spectrum for the FSS industry, is hosting a ‘C-Band Technology Day’ specifically for customers of SES and Intelsat where various mitigation hardware and techniques will be presented.
- So, in the evening, our SE chapter meeting can be ‘overtime’ for attendees at Ellenwood and also a second opportunity to participate for those not at the Ellenwood event.
- The goals of the meeting would be similar to the first time round:
a/ Presenting an overview for attendees new to the 5G game
b/ Share updates to those who attended the first meeting or are up to speed through other avenues
c/ Presenting as much technical detail on the 5G signal and mitigation testing as appropriate, and amount of time for this technical audience.
d/ Fire Atlanta metro stakeholders up/ attendees up with a strong Call To Action to register downlinks/earth stations & send Comments to the FCC and be ACTIVISTS!
Presenters are: 1/ Mark Johnson, LiNKUP Communications
2/ Petra Vorwig, SES
3/ Hazem Moakkit & Susan Crandall, Intelsat
Date / Time: Monday 24th September 2018.
5:45 - 6:00 pm Gathering & Networking – Snacks & Soft drinks
6:00 pm sharp - 7:30/7:45 Presentations, Panel Q&A
7:30 / 7:45 pm - 8:15pm Networking
Location: Turner Broadcasting System
1000 Techwood Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30318
Registration: FREE via an Eventbrite weblink to follow + via live webcast too.